This is a tutorial to hopefully help you with gimp, and have a better experience in making OR recoloring weapons. If you use Microsoft paint, this tutorial isn't for you.
To get started, lets talk about your tools. You have a wide aray of tools to use, these tools are(from left to right top to bottom boldis the name italics are the hot-key):
- R Rectangal select tool:Select a rectangualar region.
- E Ellipse select tool:Select an elliptical region
- F Free select tool:Select a hand drawn region with free and polygonal segments.
- U Fuzzy select Tool:Select a contguous on the basis of color.
- Shift+0 Select by color Tool:Select regions with similar colors.
- I Scissors select tool:Select shapes using inteligent edge-fitting
- No hotkey Foreground select tool:Select a region containing foreground objects.
- B Paths tool:Create and edit paths
- 0 Color picker tool:Select colors from image pixels.
- Z Zoom tool:Adjust the zoom level(+ or - work as well)
- Shift+M Measure tool:Measures distances and angles.
- M Move tool:Move layers selections and other objects.
- Q Alignment tool:Align or arrange layers or other objects.
- Shift+C Crop tool:remove edge area from image or layers.
- Shift+R Rotate tool:rotate the layer section or path.
- Shift+T Scale tool:scare the layer section or path.